What we are doing about General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) at Language Voices
Language Voices has already reviewed its personal data practices and has implemented the necessary steps to be GDPR compatible. Before we answer the key questions concerning you as a customer of Language Voices, we feel, it is important to highlight some important definitions in relation to the GDPR guidelines.
- Personal data: any information relating to an identified or identifiable real person. An identifiable real person is defined as any real person who can be directly or indirectly identified.
- Processing: any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collecting, recording, transmission, storage, conservation, extracting, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission and so on.
- Controller: the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
- Processor: the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
Language Voices’ commitments as a data controller
Language Voices is classed as a data controller when we collect your data for managing and identifying accounts, for example. We are committed to:
- Limiting the data collected to what is strictly necessary and for the purpose for which it was collected.
- Storing personal data for a limited and appropriate time.
- Implementing technical and organisational measures to ensure a high degree of security.
Frequently Asked Questions
For your convenience, we have put together a list of GDPR related, frequently asked questions.
Is Language Voices going to be GDPR compliant?
Yes, as mentioned above, Language Voices has already reviewed its personal data practices and has implemented steps to be GDPR compatible.
What personal data is collected by Language Voices, and for what purposes?
Language Voices collects the following personal information from its customers:
Full name, Profile pic (optional):
used for display purpose only in user’s own account
used as an account identifier and to communicate with the customer, if required.
Where is this data stored? Are those premises GDPR compliant?
Language Voices stores all production data in a combination of dedicated and multi-tenant environment on servers managed by Learnmera in our affiliated data centres (that comply with the CISPE code of conduct). It maintains and stores all production data in physically secured data centers that are 24/7 monitored by CCTV and security personnel.To maintain high level of security and avoid data theft, Language Voices uses industry standard encryption schemes and protocols to encrypt data transmissions between the data centers. Our servers support HTTPS and all current versions of TLS (1.0, 1.1, and 1.2). Access to the production systems is limited to a few selected member of staff where the access to these systems is protected by the public key authentication method.
How long is the data stored for?
The data is stored for the duration of your service and the data is kept after you uninstall the Language Voices App to ensure that you are able to reactivate the account should you decide to come back.
Does Language Voices share any data with any 3rd party organisations?
Language Voices does not share any personal data provided by the users.