As the growing number of migrants in Europe struggle with limited financial resources, this project aims to improve and facilitate their access to second language studies through participation in Language Voices language cafés, which are informal meetings based on volunteering but also systematically organised. The migrants gain access to social, informal environments of the resident country while integrating into a community of learners and tutors, which is often a key success factor in establishing a quality life in a new country.
The project will provide:
1) a preparatory training and handbook so that the multilingual Language Voices concept can easily and successfully be replicated throughout the EU or anywhere else in the world;
2) a comprehensive material bank with language learning and cultural material and resources and a possibility for online communication and language exchange;
3) a mobile application to find language exchange events available in the partner countries;
The project objectives are:
1) to mitigate some initial barriers to language studies (regarding opportunity, access and cost);
2) to facilitate the proliferation of easily accessible, informal, low-cost but well-structured language training opportunities and material;
3) to provide all-encompassing multicultural, multilingual environment and meeting places in cooperation with local small businesses.